13th Annual Hope & Healing Juried Art Show
Purpose of our Art Show
Donate your original art that promotes hope and healing by communicating a message of peace, calm, comfort, and inspiration.
- To inspire hope and healing by raising the awareness that art aids in healing
- To create art for hospitals and healing facilities where viewers seek inspiration to heal
- To provide students with opportunities to explore creativity and create art to help others
Artists Invited to Participate
High school and college students donate their art to help inspire healing in healthcare. We have art in more than 35 hospitals and healing facilities.
Donate your original art that promotes hope and healing by communicating a message of peace, calm, comfort, and inspiration. View our handout for what contributes to successful submissions.
*REQUIRED for all submissions* – Please complete the online Art Show Release Form which makes it easy to ensure we have all required information including an artwork title and inspiration statement (of 50 words or less) on how the art communicates a message of peace, calm, and hopefulness to viewers. Once you complete the form, you will be emailed a submission number. Please tape your full name and that number to the back of your art and submit it by January 12, 2023. Every entry must have a release form.
Submission Checklist for Success
- Focus on healing and hopeful imagery such as landscapes, nature, and water. *Think about what you’d want to look at if you are in a healthcare waiting room, doctor’s office, or treatment area.
- Use colors promoting peace and calmness.
- Create a 2D artwork.
- Meet the size requirement of 16” x 20” or 11” x 14”, horizontal or vertical,
including a mat, and a depth not to exceed 2”.
- Painting on canvas must have the sides painted; all paper art must be matted.
Conté Crayon or pastel must have a spray fixative applied.
- Sign your work where it is not covered by the mat.
- Complete the digital Release Form at HTTA.org/ReleaseForm. You’ll be emailed a submission number. Tape or write it on the back of your piece with your full name.
- Submit your Art by 1/12/23.
Donated Art must follow the show required sizes and content. Please make sure your piece follows them.
X Use dark colors or subject matter.
X Feature a trademarked logo or individuals other than the artist.
X Turn in an unfinished piece [unpainted canvas edges or unmatted].
X Make it smaller than 11” x 14” or larger than 16” x 20”.
X Contain glass or fragile material.
X Turn in your piece without completing the Release Form.
We cannot accept art that features a trademarked logo or features individuals other than the artist. Art that does not follow these instructions can be returned and will not be part of the Art Show.
Print out this Art Show Handout to check off all the submission requirements were followed and find important dates and contact information.
- Artist’s interpretation and ability to visually communicate a message of hope and healing to the viewer.
- Creativity, technical skills, and craftsmanship.
- Ability to communicate a compelling inspiration statement.
A panel of judges with expertise in arts and/or healthcare award the top five honors in the range of $500 – $150. Community Honor Awards are granted by those who want to select a winning piece, name the award, and fund the $100 prize. In 2022, we granted 16 Community Awards and our Gallery host, The Baum School of Art, also honored 11 students with scholarships bringing the total amount of students receiving honors to over 30!
Community viewers of the Art Show can also text-to-vote for their favorite piece of art that inspires them. At the end of the gallery show, the piece with the most votes receives the Viewer’s Choice Community Award and $100. Msg&Data rates may apply.
Select Art used for Healing Art Meditations
Select art may also be part of Healing Art Meditations for Healthcare & Beyond which combines our art with the music of Jim Brickman and other nationally known musicians. We will make every effort to communicate where your art goes and how it is used if we have a legible email good beyond the current school year.